Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Movie Night!!!


My boys love movie night! This is something I started for them about a year ago. We pick a night (usually a Friday night since no one works or has school on Saturday) and pick a movie to watch. I pop popcorn for them (their favorite) and they get chocolate milk. We spread blankets out all across the floor, pile in the pillows and watch our movie with the lights out. A very inexpensive, but entertaining night! We've watched all sorts of movies. We've watched tons of Disney movies, cartoons, etc. We've even watched some of the silly movies like UnderDog. I love the giggles that these movies bring. Those are the sweet sounds I wish I could just bottle up!

Last night I saw that a couple of Christmas cartoons were coming on. I decided that it would be a great time for a movie night even though it wasn't a Friday. I quickly got out the blankets and popped the popcorn. I love TiVo where I can pause whatever is getting ready to come on. That allowed the boys time to clean up the mess in their room before settling down to watch TV. Once everything was in order we started the cartoon up. We watched Shrek the Halls (this was not a favorite of mine but the boys liked it) and The Grinch--one of my all time favorites. We had a blast and you can see in the picture that even Rhett enjoyed it. He sat in his bouncer and was mesmerized by the cartoons! What a great night.

The ornament pictured above is another one of our special ones. This was given to me by my inlaws. It is a "Mother's Keepsake" ornament. It's shaped like a gift box and inside the box is a charm with a little boy (2 of them actually) and Lawson's and Jagger's birthstones. I hope this year to add Rhett's. The tag on the box says "Children are the greatest gift of all." I love this ornament!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm sure the boys LOVE movie nights. You are so good to do that!! I love the ornament too.