
Thanks to my good friend, Becky(pictured above), I have been "tagged". I suppose I was tagged just because I read her blog daily. She happened to mention that she was "tagging" me to list 100 things about myself. So, what if I hadn't read that particular post that day? Would I not have been tagged since I didn't read it? Not exactly sure how this works and you can rest easy that I'll not be tagging anyone. I don't know who, if anyone, reads my blog and am sure that I only have a handful of friends that blog regularly. But, in the spirit of good sportsmanship, I'll play along and try to think of 100 things about me. It will not be easy and may take a while to actually get this post posted, but I'll give it a shot. Here goes...
1. I was born Arika Leigh Vickery on August 9, 1978.
2. I weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and my younger brother weighed exactly the same.
3. I was born at the Jackson Madison County General Hospital where both of my children were also born.
4. I grew up my entire life in Greenfield, TN
5. I enjoyed my school years, especially HS, but would not go back and do it all again for anything!
6. I married my college sweetheart on June 3, 2000.
7. He is still my sweetheart to this day!
8. He wanted to get married on either the 3rd or 7th of the month since he could remember those numbers. #3 was Dale Earnhardt's number and #7 is Elway's number. (Guess that was more about him than me, but still I agreed so I guess it was a little about me.)
9. We traveled to many places the first 5 years of our marriage.
10. We were in the state of NY when the tragic 9/11 events took place.
11. I am deathly afraid of flying to begin with and would not get back on a plane to fly home.
12. I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up.
13. My back-up plan was to be a Solid Gold Dancer should the Wonder Woman plan fall through. (Anyone remember those?)
14. I settled for being an Administrative Asst. at FHU and a wife and mommy.
15. I have never regretted that decision! :)
16. I love to eat Mexican food.
17. I have an incredible family.
18. All 4 of my grandparents are still healthy and living.
19. One of my great-grandmothers is still living as well.
20. When Lawson was born, there were 5 generations alive on both my mom and dad's side of the family!
21. I have only given birth via C-sections but have been in labor two times.
22. I gave birth to my first son, Lawson Thomas on July 25, 2003. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs., 3 oz.!
23. He was three days past his due date.
24. I gave birth to my second son, Jagger Davis on October 29, 2005. He was nearly 3 weeks early and weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz.
25. We were supposed to attend a Halloween party that night.
26. I am due to give birth to a third son, Rhett Jackson sometime the last week of August.
27. I tend to take myself way too seriously.
28. My parents moved to Henderson and became dorm parents the summer of 2005.
29. They are such a blessing to me and help me out beyond measure.
30. My brother is currently in chiropractor school in St. Louis.
31. I miss him beyond words!
32. I graduated from FHU in May of 2000 with a Bachelor's of Business Administration.
33. My college room mate and I would watch "The Golden Girls" every night.
34. I'm not a big fan of scary movies.
35. I have great friends.
36. I'm not even half-way done and have already run out of things to tell.
37. I have never been to NY city, but want to go one day around Christmas time.
38. My sister-in-law has promised me a trip sometime after she finishes Pharmacy school. :)
39. I love a clean house.
40. I especially love the sound of a dishwasher running late at night after everything is cleaned up and everyone is in bed.
41. I very rarely grocery shop. My husband does most of that for me.
42. I love to go to Lowes.
43. I want to go back to Disney World and see it through the eyes of my children.
44. Everyone on my husband's side of the family calls me "A".
45. I love Dr. Pepper.
46. And sweet tea.
47. I love Snickers.
48. I hate Halloween. Masks give me the creeps.
49. I have led an extremely boring life as I look at this list so far.
50. I enjoy time to myself every once in a while, but always miss my children before they return.
51. I love Easter because it's the only time of year you can buy Cadbury eggs.
52. I love Thanksgiving because of all the food.
53. I stay in touch with very few people I went to HS with.
54. I love that my children love me and tell me that daily, sometimes many, many, many times a day. :)
55. I love that my children remind me that life is supposed to be fun.
56. I enjoy watching Dr. Phil and Oprah.
57. My absolute favorite show is LOST.
58. Since the writer's strike, I have thoroughly enjoyed Dancing with the Stars and American Idol.
59. I love summer nights.
60. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
61. I wish my front porch had room for a front porch swing.
62. I have a hard time keeping flowers alive.
63. I have one dog and one cat.
64. My cat was passed on to me when my parents moved to a dorm that does not allow pets.
65. Our dog's first birthday was on our wedding day.
66. I try my hardest to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, etc.
67. I fail miserably at times.
68. I am thankful for forgiveness.
69. I loathe the words lube and angus. Eeeew! I don't even like to write them. Don't know why...
70. I think the word Incubus is fun to say. :)
71. I love John Travolta.
72. I watch Ron Childer's weather report every morning before dressing for work.
73. My kids and I live for Saturdays when we can stay home together.
74. I am very passionate about my kids and take it personally if someone says something about them.
75. I am so tired right now I could lay my head down and fall asleep at my desk.
76. I am sure anyone reading this list right now could do the same.
77. I love that my husband can glance at me and make me smile.
78. I am thankful for a best friend/husband combo.
79. I am not smarter than a 5th grader. :)
80. A love a night out with the girls.
81. I am not a good singer.
82. I love when my kids come home from Bible class and can tell me all about their Bible story.
83. We have recently started a landscaping project along the front of our house.
84. It is a lot more work than we anticipated.
85. I am a planner. I like to have everything all planned out!
86. I hate it when I can't stick to my plans.
87. I love gummy worms and gummy bears and it grosses everyone out when I eat them.
88. I have passed on my love for gummy worms and gummy bears to both my children.
89. I love to watch a pretty sunset.
90. I love to take pictures of my kids.
91. I have enjoyed blogging much more than I anticipated. (That is until this post. Ha)
92. I love that our family attends church together every Sunday morning.
93. I love that it is almost time to eat!
94. I love Subway.
95. I love a fresh tomato.
96. I love that my husband loves me unconditionally.
97. I love a starry sky.
98. I love playing in sprinklers.
99. I love my life and everything about it.
100. I love that I am done with this list!!
Sorry to bore everyone to tears. There's my boring life summed up into a 100 item list. Although it is boring, it is mine and I love it. I am very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment