Yep, that's right! I got some smiles today!!! As some of you may or may not know, we've had our hands full with little Rhett. He has just been so uncomfortable and just hasn't felt good at all. He seems that he can never get comfortable and just fusses all the time. Basically, if he's awake, he's crying. It has been a very challenging few days to say the least. Everyone tells me he's colicky. No fun!
So, desperate to find something to help my sweet baby, I've tried what some will view to be an unconventional method. As of yesterday, we've started taking him to see a chiropractor. Yesterday I would have told you it didn't help him, but today, we've seen a new baby! He's actually felt pretty good. As a mom I feel the need to fix whatever is wrong with my baby. So, after consulting "Dr. Vickery" who happens to be studying to be a chiropractor he advised me that it would definitely help! We have another appointment tomorrow as well and are hoping for even more improvement. I'm a believer!
Apparently when babies are born they have to go through quite a lot (that was sarcasm) and it puts quite a bit of trauma on their little spines. It can affect everything from muscle aches to sleeping patterns to stomach problems. Unfortunately it appears little Rhett suffers from it all. The good news? The sleeping and fussing is easing. He actually took a good nap today in his bed after playing a while on a blanket in the floor--both of which he would have NEVER done a week ago!
Now some of you may be skeptical and unable to believe that I would put my new baby through that; however, let me assure you that these are reputable chiropractors who are members of the church and are great with him. There is none of the jerking and bone cracking that you may be envisioning. Anyway, I would highly recommend them. It is a husband/wife team in Jackson. The name is Joyner Chiropractic and they are super nice--and GENTLE! :)
Here is a link to the video of sweet Rhett about an hour after his second adjustment. He is happy and content and smiling! I believe he is telling us how much better he feels--no matter what the reason for his feeling good! :)
2 comments:
YAY for you all!! I am so glad he is doing better for you all!
I've heard they can work wonders on fussy babies and babies who spit up a lot!! I'm glad it seems to have worked for Rhett!
Post a Comment