
Do you see any similarities in the photo above? Personally, I do not, but if you are a 3 year old you might! I have been intending to post this on my blog but with going back to work full time it just hasn't happened. The blog has become the neglected child of our household.
This week was pretty big week in a lot of ways. There have been changes in our household with new schedules to adjust to, but also changes in our country as our new President was sworn into office. Brandon was at home with the boys during the inauguration. The boys had questions about it all. Brandon explained that President Obama was now the leader of America. Jagger said, "You mean like Captain America???" You see, to a 3 year old everything in some way or another can relate to super-heroes! :) I hope that we see similarities in the patriotism and protectiveness of our beloved country.
Lawson had more in-depth questions and we talked about the day's events before going to bed. We talked about how President Obama was elected by the majority of the people, even though we were not one of the "majority". Sweet Lawson said, "That was nice of the people to choose him." I explained that we did not really agree with some of his views and that the President had a lot of choices ahead of him and we needed to pray that he asked God for help in making those choices. Lawson asked if he went to church. I was not sure what to say and before I could say anything Lawson said, "Well, I've never SEEN him at church!"
It's been an interesting week, but a good week. I've loved having things to sit down and talk to my kids about and enjoy our time together in the evenings.
3 comments:
His facial structure does look like Captain America.
so funny!! Your blog should take the neglected child place - other things are important. Hope you are feeling better.
I love the funny things kids say!
Post a Comment